We’re excited to be attending the 36th annual Guelph Organic Conference in Guelph, Ontario, January 26 – 29.
– 208 pages
7.25 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 432 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Techniques
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2016-11-01
Advanced Top Bar Beekeeping
Next Steps for the Thinking Beekeeper
Bee populations are plummeting worldwide. Colony Collapse Disorder poses a serious threat to many plants which rely on bees for pollination, including a significant proportion of our food crops. Top bar hives are based on the concept of understanding and working with bees' natural systems, enabling top bar beekeepers to produce honey and natural wax while helping bees thrive now and in the years ahead.
Advanced Top Bar Beekeeping picks up where The Thinking Beekeeper left off, providing a wealth of information for backyard beekeepers ready to take the next step with this economical, bee-friendly approach. Author Christy Hemenway shares:
- Guidance and techniques for the second season and beyond
- An in-depth analysis of the dangers climate change and conventional agriculture present to pollinators
- An inspiring vision of restoring bee populations through organic farming and natural, chemical-free beekeeping.
While continuing to emphasize the intimate connection between our food system, bees, and the wellbeing of the planet, Advanced Top Bar Beekeeping breaks new ground in the quest to shift the dominant agricultural paradigm away from chemical-laden, industrial monoculture and towards healthy, diverse local farming. See what all the buzz is about with this must-read guide for the new breed of thinking beekeeper.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.