New Society Publishers is committed to building an ecologically sustainable and just society not just through education, but through action. We’re proud to hold to the highest environmental and social standards of any publishers in North America.
- We print our books in North America
- Our books are printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper, processed chlorine-free, with low-voc vegetable-based inks (since 2002) (read the '100% Recycled Paper' tab below)
- All of our ebooks include a Guide to Responsible Digital Reading (read the 'Digital Reading' tab below)
- We’re carbon neutral (since 2006) (read the 'Carbon Neutral' tab below)
- Our corporate structure is an innovative employee shareholder agreement, so we’re one-third employee-owned (since 2015) (click here to read more)
- We’re certified as a B Corporation (since 2016) (read the 'Certified B Corporation®' tab below)
- At New Society Publishers, we are deeply about what we publish--but also how we do business.
Read more about our commitment.