We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
‣ Building Your Permaculture Property combines an engineer and a farmer's professional and practical experience in ecological consulting and regenerative agriculture to lead you - the land steward - through a clear five-step process to design and develop a resilient and abundant property anywhere in the world.
$49.99 Available soon
‣ The Chinese Greenhouse is the only complete guide to designing, building, and operating high-performance, earth-sheltered, solar-heated, intelligently glazed, and insulated passive greenhouses, allowing you to grow a variety of vegetables year-round—even in cold climates—in soil or aquaponics grow beds.
$34.99 Available soon
‣ Farming is taking root in our cities. With only a small capital investment, and without the need to own land, you can become part of this growing movement. The Urban Farmer will help you learn the crops, techniques and business strategies you need to make a good living growing food intensively right in your own backyard.
‣ As local organic agriculture continues to flourish, a cohort of young professional growers are leading the way with innovative ideas about farming. The Market Gardener provides hands-on information about growing for CSA and farmers markets. Based on low-tech, high-yield methods of production, this is a modern, micro-scale farming handbook.
‣ Agritourism is a practical guide for diversifying your farm income and connecting with people. Chock-full of case studies, Q&A's, pros and cons, solutions, priorities, and actionable items, it contains everything you need to know to turn your hobby farm into a successful and sustainable agritourism enterprise.
$19.99 Available soon
‣ Goats Giving Birth presents stories, lessons, and reflections from over 600 goat births with insights into the differences between normal births, necessary C-sections, and incidents that may turn deadly serious, giving you the confidence to handle all goat birthing situations.
Pre-Order $15.99 - Save 20%
‣ Farm the City is an introduction to the principles, methods, and realities of starting an urban farm derived from the success of Sole Food Street Farms, one of the largest urban agricultural enterprises in North America. Covers navigating regulations and finding land, to crop planning, fundraising, marketing, and more.
‣ In this 2nd edition of The Ethical Meat Handbook author Meredith Leigh argues that by assuming responsibility for our food and the route by which it gets there, animals can be an optimal source of food, fiber, and environmental management. Featuring 100+ recipes, and discussions around responsible meat production and economics.
‣ Many people garden because they enjoy the independence of producing their own food. Yet for many, the how and why of producing seeds remains mysterious and even intimidating. This book explores how seed saving is not only easier than we think, but why it is essential for vibrant, independent, and bountiful gardens.
‣ DIY Mushroom Cultivation is a full-color, illustrated guide to growing mushrooms at home. It offers a concise background on mushrooms, proven step-by-step instructions, and a simple method that will make your home or garden the perfect place for a fruitful mushroom cultivation practice.
‣ The Organic No-Till Farming Revolution is the no-till chemical-free growing roadmap, showing how no-till lowers barriers to starting a small farm, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, increases efficiency and profitability, and promotes soil health. This hands-on manual is specifically written for natural and small-scale farmers.
‣ Growing in hoophouses reduces the impact of increasingly unpredictable climate on crops, mitigates soil erosion, extends growing seasons, and strengthens regional food supply. The Year-Round Hoophouse teaches how to site, design, and build a hoophouse and successfully grow abundant produce all year in a range of climates.