We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
‣ As local organic agriculture continues to flourish, a cohort of young professional growers are leading the way with innovative ideas about farming. The Market Gardener provides hands-on information about growing for CSA and farmers markets. Based on low-tech, high-yield methods of production, this is a modern, micro-scale farming handbook.
‣ Facing the Climate Emergency addresses the fears of everyone who is alarmed about the climate crisis and yet feels powerless to stop it. Drawing on psychology, it shows readers how to use their feelings of fear, grief, and powerlessness to transform themselves into climate warriors and motivate collective change.
‣ Culture Gap: Towards a New World in the Yalakom Valley tells the story of a two year sojourn at the Camelsfoot Commume in a remote valley in BC, Canada. The challenges and privations, the joys and adventures of rural communal living, form the backdrop to the human drama the author recounts. Judith and Kip Plant's family includes ...
‣ Liberal contempt for Trump supporters is exacerbating the political and cultural rift tearing America apart. Beyond Contempt shows progressives how to communicate respectfully and effectively across the great political divide, defusing hostility, building trust, and, just maybe, discovering common ground.
‣ Are We Done Fighting? provides research, practical activities, and inspirational stories of success for cultivating inner change and spreading peace at the community level and beyond. Essential for everyone working to build understanding as an antidote to the politics of hate and division.
‣ How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change provides tools and strategies for parents to explain the climate emergency to their children, maintain hope in the face of crisis, and galvanize positive action by encouraging today's children to follow their passions in pursuit of a livable world.
‣ Grocery Story makes a compelling case for how food co-ops, as alternatives to corporate grocery giants, are spurring the creation of delicious local food economies and stronger communities, while changing the global food system for the better.
‣ Elegant Simplicity provides a philosophy of life that weaves together simplicity of material life, thought, and spirit and distills Satish Kumar's five decades of wisdom into a guide for pursuing a life that prioritizes the ecological integrity of Earth, social equity, and personal happiness.
‣ Bokashi is Japanese for "fermented organic matter." Bokashi composting is a safe, quick, and convenient way to compost in your kitchen, garage, or apartment, using a specific group of microorganisms to anaerobically ferment all food waste (including meat and dairy). Since the process takes place in a closed system, insects and ...
‣ The Happiness Policy Handbook provides a concise background on happiness studies and science, coupled with practical tools for formulating and integrating happiness policy at all levels of government. Essential reading for policymakers focused on making happiness and well-being the purpose of government.
‣ Renewal explores the science behind why being in nature makes us feel alive and helps us thrive. Backed by cutting-edge research in cognitive science, Edwards weaves stories that reveal nature's genius, its effect on our lives, and how cultivating an emotional bond with nature benefits us and the natural world.
‣ Maintaining hope is difficult in a world falling apart. Intrinsic Hope offers a powerful antidote to despair, showing how to free ourselves from the false hope that the world will conform to our expectations and how to cultivate "intrinsic hope," a positive approach based on trusting life. Presents 6 mindful habits for hopeful living.