We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
‣ Human Permaculture is a forward-thinking guide that adapts permaculture principles for complete life redesign to align with the planet's available resources. Offering step-by-step instructions, it explores permaculture concepts, personal niches, efficient teamwork, and our vital links with the natural world.
$23.99 Available soon
‣ The Happiness Policy Handbook provides a concise background on happiness studies and science, coupled with practical tools for formulating and integrating happiness policy at all levels of government. Essential reading for policymakers focused on making happiness and well-being the purpose of government.
‣ Are We Done Fighting? provides research, practical activities, and inspirational stories of success for cultivating inner change and spreading peace at the community level and beyond. Essential for everyone working to build understanding as an antidote to the politics of hate and division.
‣ With over 20,000 copies sold, Democratic Rules of Order – 10th edition is the alternative to other unwieldy guides. Honed through thousands of meetings, it offers a complete set of easy-to-use, plain-language rules for governing democratic meetings of any size and complexity.
‣ Elegant Simplicity provides a philosophy of life that weaves together simplicity of material life, thought, and spirit and distills Satish Kumar's five decades of wisdom into a guide for pursuing a life that prioritizes the ecological integrity of Earth, social equity, and personal happiness.
‣ The Mediator's Toolkit offers an array of methods for mediators to develop the skills to formulate and ask strategic questions that shift perspectives and result in successful mediated outcomes in any context.
‣ The Power Manual explores major concepts of power, with a focus on the dynamics of domination and liberation. The first part weaves together leading thinking on power and looks at how it is deployed and transformed in society. The back end provides practical workshop exercises for learning how to shift power relations.
‣ Maintaining hope is difficult in a world falling apart. Intrinsic Hope offers a powerful antidote to despair, showing how to free ourselves from the false hope that the world will conform to our expectations and how to cultivate "intrinsic hope," a positive approach based on trusting life. Presents 6 mindful habits for hopeful living.
‣ Changemakers is the guidebook for people aiming to create a just and ecological society. We hold the power to make personal changes that can drive local changes and tip into large-scale social transformation. Explores transformative learning and presents stories of people who transformed their lives, communities, and wider society.
‣ Coming Back to Life has helped people transform denial, despair and grief in the face of the social and ecological challenges of our time. This new, completely updated edition repositions the classic work within the context of deepening global crises and the cognitive, spiritual and perceptual revolutions occurring all around us.
‣ The Mediator's Handbook presents a time-tested, step-by-step model for helping people work through conflict from first contact through reaching a lasting resolution. The Toolbox section details the skills mediators need to understand conflict,facilitate the process, and help participants make decisions.
‣ A Transition Town group involved in preparations for peak oil and climate change; an intentional community, founded with the highest ideals; a nonprofit dedicated to social change-millions of such voluntary groups exist around the world. These collaborative organizations have the unique potential to harness their members' ideals, ...