We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
The Art of Plant-Based Cheesemaking, Second Edition
How to Craft Real, Cultured, Non-Dairy Cheese
Learn the craft of making authentic, delicious non-dairy cheese from acknowledged master plant-based cheesemaker Karen McAthy. Comprehensively updated and expanded, the second edition of the "plant-based cheesemaking bible" takes vegan cheesemaking to a new level.
Containing over 150 full color photos and enhanced step-by-step instructions, coverage and new information includes:
- Eight new cheesemaking recipes plus dozens more from beginner to pro
- New coverage of "mixed method" fast-firming cultured cheeses
- Going beyond nuts and seeds and using legumes for cheesemaking
- Dairy-free cultured butter, coconut milk yogurt, oat and cashew milk yogurt, and sour cream
- Growing plant-based cultures, including rejuvelac, sprouting, fermentation, kefir, and probiotic capsules
- Lactic acid fermentation and how to use it in cheesemaking
- Expanded coverage of flavors, aging, rind curing and smoking, and working with white and blue molds
- New recipe section for cooking with dairy-free cheeses including Coeur a la Creme, Buttermilk Fried Tempeh and more.
The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking, Second Edition is a must-have for aspiring DIY non-dairy cheesemakers, vegans, and serious foodies alike. The texture, the sharpness, the taste; you will be proud to serve up your creations.
Karen McAthy is founder and co-owner of Blue Heron Creamery, a dairy-free, plant-based artisan cheese and vegan foods company in Vancouver, BC, which creates authentic and cultured non-dairy cheeses. McAthy is a sought-after educator in the world of plant-based food and award-winning author.
Forage, Cultivate, Prepare, Preserve
Changing the Way We Feed Cities
The Beginner's Guide to Crafting Starters, Bread, Snacks, and More
Harnessing the Awesome Power of Worms with Vermiculture and Vermicomposting