We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
New Title: Look at the Pub. Date below to see when this title is available.
The Complete Growing and Marketing Guide
Pawpaws is the first in-depth guide to small-scale commercial cultivation of pawpaws. Also known as Indiana bananas or hipster bananas, this almost forgotten fruit, native to North America, is making a huge comeback with foodies, chefs, craft brewers, and discerning fruit-lovers.
Written by, and for, the organic grower, coverage includes:
- Botany and the cultural history of pawpaws
- Orchard siting and planning
- Choosing the best-quality nursery trees
- Descriptions of over 50 cultivars
- Propagation and organic growing tips
- Pests and disease management
- Marketing and selling fresh pawpaws, seeds, and starts
- Processing and producing value-added products.
Get ahead of the farming curve, diversify your orchard or food forest, and discover the commercial potential of America's almost forgotten native fruit with this comprehensive manual to small-scale commercial pawpaw production.
Blake Cothron owns Peaceful Heritage Nursery, a 4-acre USDA Certified Organic research farm, orchard, and edible plant nursery. He shares his two decades of experience in organic agriculture and horticulture through magazine articles, public speaking engagements, and blogging. Blake lives with his wife and son in Kentucky.