We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available as a ZIP file containing individual MP3 files.
Click here for more information.
What's Up with White Women? (Audiobook)
Unpacking Sexism and White Privilege in Pursuit of Racial Justice
What's Up with White Women? is a practical guide for white women who are interested in becoming more effective in their cross-cultural, anti-racist practices.
Blending real-life stories, theory, and anti-racism practices from decades of on-the-ground work, the authors invite white women to understand their gendered role in systemic racism and their unique opportunity for action. Both frank and compassionate, coverage includes:
- Stories of white women's experiences with sexism, racism, and white privilege
- How white women harm BIPOC and ourselves by colluding with systems of oppression
- Why and how white women often hijack race conversations
- A powerful six-stage identity development model for self-reflection and growth
- Guiding questions and practical actions for strengthening anti-racism practices
- Tools to cultivate genuine partnerships with BIPOC individuals and groups.
White women are positioned in a power hierarchy between white men and BIPOC. It is time for white women to step up and undertake deep reflection on their role in systemic racism and take concrete actions that support equity and justice for all people.
Ilsa Govan is an anti-racist facilitator, consultant, leadership coach, activist, and the co-founder of Cultures Connecting, which has helped countless organizations put their vision of racial equity into practice. She lives in Seattle, WA.
Tilman Smith is an educator, consultant, facilitator, and activist focused on racial justice, white privilege, internalized sexism, and internalized white superiority. She lives in Seattle, WA.
- SILVER: 2022 IPPY Awards | Current Events II (Social Issues/Humanitarian)
Integrating Science and Traditional Wisdom to Find our Place in the Universe
Bob Swann's Work for Peace and Community Economics
Nature's Blueprint for Surviving Economic and Environmental Collapse
Portrait of a Paradigm Shift
Voices of the Get Lost Generation in the Age of Crisis