We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available as a ZIP file containing individual MP3 files.
Click here for more information.
Taking a Seat at the Economic Table
It is time. It is time to increase the visibility, role, and responsibility of the emerging modern Indigenous economy and the people involved. This is the foundation for economic reconciliation. This is Indigenomics.
Indigenomics lays out the tenets of the emerging Indigenous economy, built around relationships, multigenerational stewardship of resources, and care for all. Highlights include:
- The ongoing power shift and rise of the modern Indigenous economy
- Voices of leading Indigenous business leaders
- The unfolding story in the law courts that is testing Canada's relationship with Indigenous peoples
- Exposure of the false media narrative of Indigenous dependency
- A new narrative, rooted in the reality on the ground, that Indigenous peoples are economic powerhouses
- On the ground examples of the emerging Indigenous economy.
Indigenomics calls for a new model of development, one that advances Indigenous self-determination, collective well-being, and reconciliation. This is vital reading for business leaders and entrepreneurs, Indigenous organizations and nations, governments and policymakers, and economists.
Carol Anne Hilton is founder of the Indigenomics Institute and an advisor to business, governments, and First Nations. She is a Hesquiaht woman of Nuu chah nulth descent from the west coast of Vancouver Island. She holds an MBA and comes from 10,000 years of the potlatch tradition. She lives in Victoria, BC.
- SILVER | 2022 Nautilus Book Awards | World Cultures' Transformational Growth & Development
- SHORTLISTED: 2021 Donner Prize
How to Save Money, Time and Resources through Collaborative Consumption
Reinventing Power, Purpose, and Capitalism
How to Set Up and Market a Food Business from Your Home Kitchen
Creating an Economy in Service to Life
Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night