We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
This eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
Inside Out (PDF)
The Equity Leader’s Guide to Undoing Institutional Racism
Providing a roadmap to workplace and organizational change, Inside Out is packed with practical tools for working collectively towards racial justice and dismantling institutional racism.
This essential guide includes:
- An adaptive approach to moving race conversations forward with authenticity and genuine curiosity
- Concrete strategies to help unpack the painful legacies of power, privilege, and oppression
- A framework including awareness, knowledge, skills, and action/advocacy
- Key components for engaging effectively, calling people in, bridging the divide, identifying and addressing microaggressions, and guiding difficult interactions
- Critical cross-cultural skills for facilitators and leaders faced with fears, worries, conflicts, and concerns that surface in PoC and White participants
- Helpful suggestions for equity leaders trying to find their why and identify their foundational beliefs, as well as tips for practicing self-care to lessen burnout and fatigue
- How to establish an equity team and bring decision makers on board
- Checklists, discussion questions, recommended readings, best practices, and many other valuable resources.
Inside Out is written specifically for prospective leaders championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in their workplace. It is a must-read for anyone guiding the challenging work of becoming an anti-racist organization where no one's identity is a barrier to access or opportunity and everyone belongs.
Caprice D. Hollins is co-founder of Cultures Connecting, www.culturesconnecting.com, which provides DEIB consulting services to organizations. Caprice holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is co-author of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Strategies for Facilitating Conversations on Race. She lives in Seattle, Washington.
Embracing Spiritual Diversity
The Joy of Conflict Resolution
Transforming Victims, Villains and Heroes in the Workplace and at Home
Tales from the Sustainable Underground
A Wild Journey with People Who Care More about the Planet than the Law
Reducing Human Impact on the Earth
101 Solutions to Violence, Terror and War