We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Note about pre-ordering. When you pre-order this title your credit card will be charged the special pre-order price of $18.39 (plus shipping and taxes if applicable). It will be shipped when we receive the title in our warehouse. For an approximate date of when of when we expect it to arrive in our warehouse, please see Pub. Date below. This is an approximate date, which may shift if circumstances dictate.
The Solutionary Way
Transform Your Life, Your Community, and the World for the Better
foreword by Jane Goodall
From tackling poverty, to protecting wild spaces, to improving the strength of our communities, deep polarization in our society often prevents us from working collaboratively to solve the problems we face.
Based on Zoe Weil’s decades of work as a humane educator, The Solutionary Way offers an antidote to dysfunctional societal dynamics. It provides clear, achievable methods to bridge divides, address the root and systemic causes of seemingly intractable challenges, and create positive change.
Grounded in evidence-based optimism and illustrated with dozens of real-world examples, this invaluable resource includes:
- A guide to the primary components of a solutionary mindset—critical thinking, systems thinking, strategic thinking, and creative thinking
- A clear and comprehensive articulation of the solutionary framework based on the four I’s (Identify, Investigate, Innovate, and Implement),
- A compelling argument for the MOGO principle – to do the most good and least harm for people, animals, and the environment
- An inspiring overview of emerging solutions to a variety of systemic problems
- The personal benefits associated with becoming a solutionary, from increased self-respect and a greater sense of meaning and purpose, to deeper compassion and reduced feelings of apathy and isolation.
This exciting and empowering book will appeal to a broad audience, including changemakers, activists, advocates for social and environmental justice and animal protection, business and political leaders, and anyone who yearns to contribute to a healthy, equitable, and humane world.
Zoe Weil is the cofounder and president of the Institute for Humane Education (IHE) where she created the first graduate program linking human rights, environmental sustainability, and animal protection. An acclaimed speaker, she is the author of seven books, including The World Becomes What We Teach and Above All, Be Kind. Zoe lives in Surrey, ME.
How to Master Complex Power Dynamics
Living Courageously in Troubled Times
Revised & Expanded fourth edition
A Guide for Collaborative Groups
Embracing Hope, Taking Action, and Transforming the World