We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
Facing the Climate Emergency, Second Edition
How to Transform Yourself with Climate Truth
Overwhelmed by climate anxiety? Transform your angst into action to become the hero humanity needs
A lifeline for those suffering from climate anxiety, Facing the Climate Emergency combines expertise in clinical psychology and disruptive climate activism to help readers transform their fear and grief into courage and heroism.
The second edition of this beloved, radical self-help book provides:
- An updated analysis of the context of the climate movement including COVID-19, the hunger crisis, growing political unrest, and more
- An unflinching analysis of the accelerating impacts of climate change and what they mean for each of us, personally
- Concrete strategies for tackling climate anxiety, including welcoming painful feelings and using them to catalyze change
- Inspiring profiles of ordinary people sounding the alarm by gluing themselves to priceless works of art, blocking transportation corridors, and shutting down fossil fuel infrastructure
- Resources, exercises for self-reflection, and an invitation to the Climate Awakening, a global virtual climate emotions platform.
Featuring a foreword by visionary filmmaker and philanthropist Adam McKay, Facing the Climate Emergency takes a deep dive into why disruptive grassroots activism is the fastest, most cost-effective path to transformative change.
Whether you're drawn to the front lines of high stakes, non-violent direct action, or prefer to play a supporting role, this guide will help you combat the forces of climate denial and discover your own power in the face of the greatest planetary crisis.
2nd EDITION AWARDS
- GOLD | 2023 Living Now Book Awards: Green Living
1st EDITION AWARDS
- SILVER | 2021 Living Now Book Awards - Green Living
- SILVER | 2020 Nautilus Book Awards: Rising to the Moment 2020
Margaret Klein Salamon, PhD, is a clinical psychologist turned climate movement leader. She is the executive director of the Climate Emergency Fund, and founder of both the grassroots advocacy group Climate Mobilization and the Climate Awakening project. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Molly Gage, PhD, is a book developer who specializes in transformative nonfiction.
Live Well and Spark a Climate Revolution
Coming Ashore in a World Adrift
Turning Angst into Action
Carbon Farming and Climate Change
Overcoming Fear to Create Our Ecological Future