We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
Homemade for Sale, Second Edition
How to Set Up and Market a Food Business from Your Home Kitchen
Follow your dream to launch a food business from your home and join the booming movement of food entrepreneurs.
Fully updated and expanded, Homemade for Sale, Second Edition is the authoritative guide to launching a successful food enterprise from your kitchen. It covers everything you need to get cooking for your customers, providing a clear road map to go from ideas and recipes to owning a food business. Contents includes:
- Product development and testing
- Understanding state cottage food and food freedom laws and advocacy
- Independently tested recipes for non-hazardous food products, including frostings
- Marketing and developing your niche
- Step-by-step guides for packaging, labeling, and creating displays
- Structuring and running your business while planning for the future
- Bookkeeping and financial management
- Managing liability, risk, and government regulations
- Avoiding burnout through self-care and time management
- Profiles of successful food entrepreneurs.
More people than ever are demanding real food made with real ingredients by real people, and you have the freedom to earn by starting a food business from home. No capital needed, just good recipes and enthusiasm, plus enough business know-how found in the pages of Homemade for Sale to be a success. Everything else is probably already in your kitchen. Best of all, you can start right now!
Lisa Kivirist is a nationally recognised speaker, writer, instructor, and co-author of 15 books, including award-winning ECOpreneuring, Homemade for Sale, and Farmstead Chef. Lisa teaches the best-selling online Udemy cottage food course. With John D. Ivanko, she runs the solar-powered Inn Serendipity B&B in Wisconsin.
John D. Ivanko is a nationally recognised speaker, writer, instructor, and co-author of 15 books, including award-winning ECOpreneuring, Homemade for Sale, and Farmstead Chef. John is also a photographer and the co-author of six award-winning multicultural children's books. With Lisa Kivirist, he runs the solar-powered Inn Serendipity B&B in Wisconsin.
The Promise of Food Co-ops in the Age of Grocery Giants
Building Boardroom Buy-in
Growing Local Food with Slow Money
How Social Entrepreneurs are Disrupting Business as Usual
Myths and Realities of the Olympic Games