We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
The Artisan Herbalist
Making Teas, Tinctures, and Oils at Home
From urban apartments to wild countryside, The Artisan Herbalist is an easy-to-use guide that teaches you how to identify, grow, harvest, forage, and craft herbal allies into an assortment of useful health and wellness products. Through storytelling and step-by-step instruction, The Artisan Herbalist covers:
- The uses and benefits of 38 easy-to-find yet powerful herbs
- Harvesting from the wild, foraging in the city, and using store-bought herbs
- Growing herbs in small areas, balconies, and pots
- Principles, tips, techniques, and formulas to create teas and tinctures
- Infusing oils for the creation of salves, lotions, and balms
- Beneficial herb-based recipes
- Marketing and selling your products through a home-based business.
Whether you live in the city, suburbs, or countryside, take back control of your health and begin your journey toward independent self-care as a budding artisan herbalist.
Bevin Cohen is the owner of Small House Farm and an author, herbalist, gardener, seed saver, and educator. He offers workshops and lectures nationwide and serves on the boards of the International Herb Association, the Slow Food Ark of Taste Seed Bank, and the Community Seed Network. He lives in Sanford, Michigan.
- WINNER | 2022 International Book Awards | Health: Alternative Medicine
"Bevin Cohen has created a masterpiece! Not only is this book beautiful, but it is highly useful. From the basics of making remedies, including a great selection of herbal monographs and recipes, to key tips and details for getting an herbal business up and running, including legal requirements, labeling, marketing, and pricing, this is the book every beginner herbalist should have on hand to start on their herbal path."
Kristine Brown RH (AHG), author, Herbal Roots zine, Herbalism at Home, The Homesteader's Guide to Growing Herbs, and Nature Anatomy Activities for Kids
A visual guide to a profitable whole-systems farm business
A Hands-On Guide to the Community Grain Revolution
Polytunnels for All Seasons and All Climates
A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-Scale Organic Farming