We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
New Title: Look at the Pub. Date below to see when this title is available.
The Art of Plant-Based Cheesemaking, Second Edition
How to Craft Real, Cultured, Non-Dairy Cheese
Making real, full-flavored and richly textured cheese without the use of dairy has long remained a mystery — until now! With step-by-step guidance from acknowledged master plant-based cheesemaker Karen McAthy, anyone can learn to craft authentic, delicious vegan cheese.
Drawing deep from the well of traditional cheesemaking but extending and developing the methods into plant-based ingredients, this new edition of the award-winning The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking is a lavishly illustrated, practical guide packed with step-by-step recipes and straightforward processes from beginner to advanced. Coverage includes:
- Equipment, sanitation, food safety
- Non-cultured beginner recipes through to advanced cultured cheeses
- How to grow your own plant-based cultures, including rejuvelac, sprouting, fermentation, kefir, and probiotic capsules
- Using emulsifiers, starches, and binders
- Flavors, aging, rind curing, and working with molds
- Troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Updated step-by-step guidance and a detailed breakdown of the culturing process.
The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking, 2nd edition makes incredible homemade vegan cheese accessible for beginners, aspiring DIY non-dairy cheesemakers, and serious foodies alike. The texture, the sharpness, the taste; you will be proud to serve up your creations.
Karen McAthy is founder and co-owner of Blue Heron Creamery, a dairy-free, plant-based artisan cheese and vegan foods company in Vancouver, BC, which creates authentic and cultured non-dairy cheeses. McAthy is a sought-after educator in the world of plant-based food and award-winning author.
Practical Actions for a Sustainable Future
A year of foraging for wild food in the suburbs
The Inside Scoop on Rooftop Agriculture
America's Original Grain from Seed to Plate
A New Approach for your Home and Garden