Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
Your Edible Yard
Landscaping with Fruits and Vegetables
Journey into the good food movement by unleashing the potential of your yard, transforming it into a beautiful and vibrant space that offers a continuous supply of food.
Using dozens of beautiful color photographs and watercolor planting charts, infographics, and landscaping designs, Your Edible Yard is the comprehensive how-to guide you need to turn your yard into a bountiful feast.
- Practical gardening methods and maintenance from weeding to wintering, including foodscaping, container gardening, and saving seeds
- Permaculture principles including soil building techniques, garden preparation, raised beds, and natural/non-toxic DIY pesticide alternatives
- How to integrate culinary and medicinal herbs, edible flowers, mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, and wild edibles
- Gardening resources: where to go for help, buy seeds, and source supplies on a budget
- Instructions on preserving, fermenting, freezing, drying, and making simple medicines
- General tips, such as how to find loopholes in laws preventing edible front yards.
Whether you're a beginner or experienced gardener in the city, the suburbs, or the country, this manual is the A-Z guide for how to make use of the space you have, highlighting the colorful and abundant array that edible landscapes promise.
Crystal Stevens is an author, artist/art teacher, folk herbalist, regenerative farmer, and permaculturist. She is the co-founder of Flourish, and the author of the award-winning Grow Create Inspire, and Worms at Work. Crystal lives with her husband and two children on a 10-acre permaculture-inspired micro farm along the rolling hills of the Mississippi River.
How to Drink Beer and Save the World
The Inside Scoop on Rooftop Agriculture
Changing the Way We Feed Cities
A New Approach for your Home and Garden
Design and Manage a Home-Scale Perennial Polyculture Garden