We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
Your Edible Yard
Landscaping with Fruits and Vegetables
The author of Grow Create Inspire gives readers “a beautiful synthesis of organic, regenerative, and permaculture practices for an abundant yard anywhere” (Matt Powers, author of Regenerative Soil).
Journey into the good food movement by unleashing the potential of your yard, transforming it into a beautiful and vibrant space that offers a continuous supply of food.
Using dozens of beautiful color photographs and watercolor planting charts, infographics, and landscaping designs, Your Edible Yard is the comprehensive how-to guide you need to turn your yard into a bountiful feast.
- Practical gardening methods and maintenance from weeding to wintering, including foodscaping, container gardening, and saving seeds
- Permaculture principles including soil building techniques, garden preparation, raised beds, and natural/non-toxic DIY pesticide alternatives
- How to integrate culinary and medicinal herbs, edible flowers, mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, and wild edibles
- Gardening resources: where to go for help, buy seeds, and source supplies on a budget
- Instructions on preserving, fermenting, freezing, drying, and making simple medicines
- General tips, such as how to find loopholes in laws preventing edible front yards
Whether you’re a beginner or experienced gardener in the city, the suburbs, or the country, this manual is the A-Z guide for how to make use of the space you have, highlighting the colorful and abundant array that edible landscapes promise.
“Crystal lays out the path for us to turn our bland yards into the gardens of our dreams, full of healthy food, while saving us money at the grocery store and precious environmental resources. This book has the potential to change the landscaping of our nation and the design of our lives.” —Rob Greenfield, author of Dude Making a Difference
Crystal Stevens is an author, artist/art teacher, folk herbalist, regenerative farmer, and permaculturist. She is the co-founder of Flourish, and the author of the award-winning Grow Create Inspire, and Worms at Work. Crystal lives with her husband and two children on a 10-acre permaculture-inspired micro farm along the rolling hills of the Mississippi River.
A Complete Guide
An Easy Way to Grow Your Own
How to Craft Real, Cultured, Non-Dairy Cheese
Using a Little Natural Science for a Much Better Garden