We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available only in Digital (eBook) format.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
Sustainable Building and Historic Homes
In a readily accessible room-by-room and system-by-system format, Green Restorations covers rehabilitation and remodelling questions applicable to old homes, focusing on the core techniques and debates often seen in practice. Here you'll find the answers to restoration questions, such as:
- Is sealing my old crawl space a good idea?
- Should I replace or rehabilitate my windows?
- Are there historic aspects of my home I need to preserve and what can I change?
- What are the cultural, environmental and financial implications of my proposed changes?
- Do residential historic tax credits apply to my home and how can I access them?
Aaron Lubeck is a partner with Trinity Design/Build, a restoration and preservation consultancy in North Carolina that has won numerous preservation awards. He is a member of the United States Green Building Council who has completed the first historic building to be LEED-certified in North Carolina.
Safely capturing and recycling the nutrients in greywater, humanure and urine
A Practical Guide to Solar Electricity - Revised 2nd Edition
Understanding the Language of Green Building
A Comprehensive Guide to the State of the Art - Fully revised Second Edition
How Your Home May be Harming Your Family's Health