We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
This eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
Growing Conifers (EPUB)
The Complete Illustrated Gardening and Landscaping Guide
Growing Conifers is a beautifully photographed, comprehensive gardening guide for selecting and cultivating conifers. Coverage includes:
- Conifer taxonomy, classification, and geographic distribution
- Selecting conifers for size, shape, color, and texture
- Best practices for placement and planting of trees, shrubs, and groundcovers in urban and rural gardens
- Growing needs and low-input maintenance
- Building healthy soil, minimizing water stress, and integrated pest management
- Benefits of conifers including habitat, water and air quality, carbon sequestration, aesthetics, and food.
Conifers are often overlooked in gardening and landscaping in favor of deciduous trees and shrubs. Yet conifers come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and offer tremendous aesthetic and ecological benefits for any garden.
Growing Conifers is an essential, comprehensive resource for gardeners and landscape professionals looking to develop beautiful, sustainable landscapes.
John J. Albers is an educator for the Washington State Nursery and Landscape Association, a certified sustainable landscape professional, a former Master Gardener, and the creator of Albers Vista Gardens, which contains 1,200 different plants. Author of The Northwest Garden Manifesto, he lives in Bremerton, Washington.
David E. Perry is a professional photographer who has photographed for books, including The Northwest Garden Manifesto, magazines, Fortune 500 reports, and national ad campaigns for over 35 years. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Growing Biodiversity in Your Backyard and Beyond
Cultivating Defiant Compassion for an Uncertain Future
Landscaping with Fruits and Vegetables
Garden to Table
A New Approach for your Home and Garden