We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Note about pre-ordering. When you pre-order this title your credit card will be charged the special pre-order price of $27.99 (plus shipping and taxes if applicable). It will be shipped when we receive the title in our warehouse. For an approximate date of when of when we expect it to arrive in our warehouse, please see Pub. Date below. This is an approximate date, which may shift if circumstances dictate.
How We Gather Matters
Sustainable Event Planning for Purpose and Impact
Events can help educate, inspire, and connect us to our community, but all too often they escalate into resource-intensive glorifications of excess and exclusivity. How We Gather Matters is an invitation to reimagine the modern events industry as a powerful vehicle for profound change.
This practical guide will prepare festival, conference, trade show, wedding, concert, and sporting event planners to:
- Develop the financial and human resources required to coordinate and implement green, sustainable gatherings
- Collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Design responsible events with impact and purpose in mind, while supporting an organization’s defined marketing and strategic goals
- Engage participants authentically while aligning with positive and progressive social and environmental values
- Responsibly manage the greenhouse gas footprint and waste stream of events, regardless of scale or venue
- Lead the shift towards inclusive, net-zero emissions, and zero waste gatherings by leveraging best practices and accepted international standards.
Packed with personal insights, behind-the-scenes stories, and case studies from major festivals and forums around the world, How We Gather Matters is an essential tool to help organizers innovate and attract new audiences. Required reading for emerging and established event professionals who want to decrease risk and increase profitability while meaningfully contributing to a more purposeful, inclusive, and sustainable society.
Leor Rotchild is a pioneer in the sustainable events industry and founder of Do It Green (DIG), which supports hundreds of major festivals and events. He is the Executive Director of Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR), co-host of the podcast Pipelines & Turbines, and contributes to the CBC, The Globe and Mail, and Impact Magazine.