We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
‣ Discover forgotten low-input food gardening methods for surviving uncertain times ahead. Gardening When It Counts helps readers rediscover traditional methods to produce healthy food.
‣ Straw bale houses are easy to build, affordable, super energy efficient, environmentally friendly, attractive, and can be designed to match the builder's personal space needs, esthetics, and budget. Despite mushrooming interest in the technique, however, most straw bale books focus on "selling" the dream of straw-bale building, ...
‣ This highly illustrated guide includes all the tools, tricks, and techniques for building with bags filled with earth – or earthbags. The authors' "flexible form rammed earth technique" creates precision walls for constructing homes, outbuildings, garden walls, and much more.
‣ Many natural building methods rely upon the use of post and beam frame structures that are then in-filled with straw, cob, cordwood, or more conventional wall materials. But traditional timber framing employs the use of finely crafted jointing and wooden pegs, requiring a high degree of craftsmanship and training, as well as much ...
‣ Hydroelectricity is the world's largest-and cleanest-source of renewable energy. But despite lively interest in renewables generally, there is an information vacuum about the smallest version of the technology dubbed "the simplest, most reliable and least expensive way to generate power off grid."
Highly illustrated and practical, ...