We’re excited to be attending the 36th annual Guelph Organic Conference in Guelph, Ontario, January 26 – 29.
– 312 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 346 Grams
BISAC: ARCHITECTURE / Sustainability & Green Design
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2016-06-01
Reinventing Green Building
Why Certification Systems Aren't Working and What We Can Do About It
Buildings and their associated systems are the largest source of greenhouse gases in the world. The 2030 Challenge aims to produce zero net -energy from new North American construction by 2030 while achieving a 50% reduction in carbon emissions from existing buildings. With less than 4% of commercial and residential structures in the U.S. and Canada certified by 2015, we seem destined to fall catastrophically short of this target.
Reinventing Green Building combines a unique, insider's critique of the current state of affairs with a potent vision for the future. This highly visual, data-driven analysis brings together the wisdom of today's leading practitioners including:
- Up-to-date information on green building issues, energy economics and new technology
- Dramatic new approaches to certification system design and user experience
- Creative, outside-the-box solutions using the Internet of Things, big data analytics and cloud-based technologies for building management.
The green building revolution has failed to fulfill its promise to transform the marketplace in a meaningful way. Smart, simple, and sustainable: Reinventing Green Building presents a new approach to building certification, designed to radically cut costs while dramatically increasing marketplace acceptance integrating true climate mitigation and better building performance.
You might also enjoy
Design, Construction, Resources
The popularity of natural building has grown by leaps and bounds, spurred by a grassroots desire for housing that is healthy, affordable and …view title info
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.