We’re excited to be attending the 36th annual Guelph Organic Conference in Guelph, Ontario, January 26 – 29.
– 192 pages
5 Inches × 8 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 250 Grams
BISAC: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Power Resources / Alternative & Renewable
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2010-06-01
Solar Electricity Basics
A Green Energy Guide
by Dan Chiras
Solar energy is an abundant resource. Once a curiosity, solar electric systems are becoming commonplace. As we transition away from finite and polluting fossil fuels, clean, reliable, and affordable renewable technologies such as solar electricity will become the mainstay of our energy supply.
Solar Electricity Basics provides a clear understanding of the sun, solar energy, and solar electric systems. It discusses the theoretical, practical and economic aspects of residential solar installations including:
- Batteries and controllers
- Costs of solar electric systems
- Financial incentives
- System installation and maintenance
- Permits, covenants, utility interconnection and buying a system.
Whether your goal is to lower your energy bill through a grid-connected system or to achieve complete energy independence, Solar Electricity Basics is the introduction you need-no PhD required!
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.