We’re excited to be attending the 36th annual Guelph Organic Conference in Guelph, Ontario, January 26 – 29.
– 288 pages
8 Inches × 10 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 986 Grams
BISAC: HOUSE & HOME / Do-It-Yourself / General
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2016-06-01
The Rocket Mass Heater Builder's Guide
Complete Step-by-Step Construction, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
by Erica Wisner & Ernie Wisner
Heating with wood is often considered a natural and economical alternative to electricity or fossil fuels. However, even with a fairly new and efficient woodstove, many cords of wood are required for burning over the course of a single winter, and incomplete combustion can contribute to poor air quality. A rocket mass heater is an earthen masonry heating system which provides clean, safe and efficient warmth for your home, all while using 70-90% less fuel than a traditional woodstove.
These unique and beautiful installations provide luxurious comfort year-round. In cold weather a few hours of clean, hot burning can provide 20 or more hours of steady warmth, while the unit's large thermal mass acts as a heat sink, cooling your home on sizzling summer days. Packed with hard-to-find information, The Rocket Mass Heater Builder's Guide includes:
- Comprehensive design, construction and installation instructions combined with detailed maintenance and troubleshooting advice
- Brick-by-brick layouts, diagrams, and architectural plans augmented with detailed parts drawings and photographs for clarity
- Relevant and up-to-date code information and standards to help you navigate the approval process with local building departments.
Earthen masonry heating systems are well-suited for natural and conventional builders alike. A super-efficient, wood-burning, rocket mass heater can help you dramatically reduce your energy costs while enhancing the beauty, value and comfort of your home.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.