Bokashi is Japanese for “fermented organic matter” and in this method of composting, food scraps are digested …
– 160 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 479 Grams
BISAC: POLITICAL SCIENCE / Civics & Citizenship
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2016-05-01
I'm Right and You're an Idiot
The Toxic State of Public Discourse and How to Clean it Up
by James Hoggan
The most pressing environmental problem we face today is not climate change. It is pollution in the public square, where a smog of adversarial rhetoric, propaganda and polarization stifles discussion and debate, creating resistance to change and thwarting our ability to solve our collective problems.
In I'm Right and You're an Idiot, author and David Suzuki Foundation chair James Hoggan grapples with this critical issue, conducting interviews with outstanding thinkers from the Himalaya to the House of Lords. Drawing on the wisdom of such notables as Thich Nhat Hanh, Noam Chomsky, and the Dalai Lama, his comprehensive analysis explores:
- How trust is undermined and misinformation thrives in today's public dialogue
- Why facts alone fail — the manipulation of language and the silencing of dissent
- The importance of reframing our arguments with empathy and values to create compelling narratives and spur action.
Our species' greatest survival strategy has always been foresight and the ability to leverage our intelligence to overcome adversity. For too long now this capacity has been threatened by the sorry state of our public discourse. Focusing on proven techniques to foster more powerful and effective communication, I'm Right and You're an Idiot will appeal to readers looking for both deep insights and practical advice.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.