Bokashi is Japanese for “fermented organic matter” and in this method of composting, food scraps are digested …
– 240 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 399 Grams
BISAC: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / General
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-09-01
Educating for Action
Strategies to Ignite Social Justice
The pursuit of freedom and justice is a timeless effort, but new activists may not know where to begin, while more experienced ones often become jaded or fatigued. The task of constructing a new society free from oppression and inequality can be overwhelming. Tools for facilitating motivation, engagement and communication can mean the difference between failure and success for activists and social movements.
Educating for Action collects the voices of activists whose combined experience in confronting injustice has generated a wealth of key insights for creating social change. This practical, hands-on guide explores such topics as:
- Community organizing and direct democracy
- Conflict negotiation, communication and rhetoric
- Law, the educational system and lifestyle activism
- Social media skills, conference planning and online organizing.
Written in an inspirational tone, Educating for Action consciously straddles the line between street activism and classroom instruction. Bridging the gap between these two worlds makes for an engaging and instructive manual for social justice, helping students, teachers, and larger activist communities turn their idealism into action.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.