We’re excited to be attending the 36th annual Guelph Organic Conference in Guelph, Ontario, January 26 – 29.
– 288 pages
8 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 639 Grams
BISAC: NATURE / Environmental Conservation & Protection
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-11-01
Weaving Community through Collaborative Eco-Art
Disposing of unwanted natural materials can be expensive and time-consuming, or it can present a tremendous opportunity for creating collaborative eco-art. Invasive species control, green waste management, urban gardening and traditional crafts can all be brought together to strengthen community relationships and foster responsible land stewardship. Simple, easily taught, creative techniques applied with shared purpose become the modern-day equivalent of a barn raising or a quilting bee.
Common Threads is a unique guide to engaging community members in communal handwork for the greater good. Author Sharon Kallis provides a wealth of ideas for:
- Working with unwanted natural materials, with an emphasis on green waste and invasive species
- Visualizing projects that celebrate the human element while crafting works of art or environmental remediation
- Creating opportunities for individuals to connect with nature in a unique, meditative, yet community-oriented way.
Combining detailed, step-by-step instructions with tips for successful process and an overview of completed projects, Common Threads is a different kind of weaving book. This inspirational guide is designed to help artists and activists foster community, build empowerment and develop a do-it-together attitude while planning and implementing works of collaborative eco-art.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.